Wednesday, October 27, 2010

To Uncle Casey


Sometimes she likes to pretend to be Roman.
Hobbes, her faithful companion






Hi!

I recognize that I haven't posted much; truth be told, it's not even because I'm busy, or even lazy. I just hate getting one comment per post-that-takes-up-time-and-energy-to-make. But as I was reminded, not all of my siblings have facebook, and can see the pictures that David and I put up every now and then. Therefore, this blog is dedicated to my big brother, Casey.

Dear Casey;

Hi! We miss you a ton here, and can't wait to see you at Christmas! I think Riley especially is excited; because you haven't met yet, I like to tell her about her Uncle Casey, and how he'll have to teach her cool things like math, soccer, and how to flip an omelet. She can't talk yet (just makes funny little noises, so we know she's trying!), but I can tell she can't wait. So you'll recognize her when you see her: so far, Riley has dark hair, but you can see hints of red every now and then. She has big blue-green eyes with long lashes, and she smiles, but only when she wants to, and on her own terms. Riley is growing like crazy--she's around 12-14 lbs, and close to 27 inches long.

When you come home, you'll have to play with her. She's learning how to stand (usually on her dad), and she loves it when you make faces at her. David has recently started teaching her how to stick out her tongue--it's hilarious! Because she already is showing a VERY strong personality, we decided she needed a good companion; enter, Hobbes. Hobbes is her Tiger. He is currently the only toy she plays with; I feel for her kindergarten teacher.

David and I are both well; David is working a ton lately, and we both start school in January. We have three semesters left each, and then I student teach, and he goes on to whatever schooling he decides to go on to. We're both extremely excited to be done! But in the meantime, we like to cook a lot and watch movies--Robin Hood has been our favorite so far, but we also liked Prince of Persia and the A-Team. I keep trying different recipes; I'll send you some of the ones that have turned out well!

I've put up some pictures so you can see your niece! Casey, we love you so much--I hope everything is going well for you. I can't wait to see you;

Love,

Abby, David, and Riley

P.S.--I tried making potato gnocchi again; epic fail. One day, we will succeed!

5 comments:

Familia_Henderson said...

OK- so I never post a comment- I'm bad that way, but I ALWAYS read your blog and love to see pictures of Riley! You should definitely keep posting! Love you!

Teresa said...

My sweet little Riley! Thanks for posting more pics. I love seeing how much she is changing and growing! Love you!

Erin Dougal said...

I try and comment! But I do know how you feel. Sometimes posts just never feel justified! But I do love that little Riley girl. I can't wait to meet her and give her hugs! Her and Penny will be the best of friends since they are almost the same size!!! Hahaha. Don't worry, Penny is just super tiny because she is so active. We miss you!

Casey Dougal said...

Thanks, I mean I was really looking forward to more pictures of David, but this is okay too. BTW, everyone else that commented is retarded because the letter was addressed to me

Teresa said...

She wrote it to you because she says no one else ever leaves a comment, which is not true. I always leave a comment. And I would like her to continue putting pictures up so we can all see them.