Friday, March 27, 2009

BABIES!!!!!

NIECE #3 HAS GRACED US WITH HER PRESENCE!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D

So, my new niece was born last night; I'm so excited!!! From the pictures, she looks adorable--from the fact that she is family, I KNOW she's beautiful :-D She was 7 lbs 14 oz, and basically super amazing. Congrats to Whitney and Spency and My Girls--I love you all!!! And I'm so exited to come home and see you all!

So, that was pretty much the only thing in the blog about babies. Just a good title. Although I could tell you about the sudden influx of babies in Rexburg--in the past month alone, I know 4 couples who have had babies; within the next 2-3 months, 5 more people are due. It's baby time in the Burg!

Onward-->So most of you know I want to serve a mission. There have been many different reactions to that idea, but for the most part I've gotten a lot of support; thank you!! However, even if the opportunity to serve a mission at this point does not come up, I'm happy at the changes in my life while I've been preparing for one. Recently, I was asked on a date by a young man who lives up here; the date was planned around a movie we both wanted to see. Upon further inspection, however, I found out that the movie was Rated R. But it was rated R for blood and things like that, so it's not really that bad, I rationalized. And I didn't want to tell him that I felt uncomfortable, because I didn't want to be rude or lose this guy's interest. But I knew that if I wanted to continue saying that I wanted to serve a mission, I could not make exceptions. I debated this for two days, till I finally came to the conclusion that if the guy lost respect for me, well, that's his problem--he must have a skewed idea of respect. And I could not put man's respect above that of my Father. So, I sent him a quick text, explaining shortly and asking if we could pick a different movie. He agreed, and didn't give me a bad time about it! This was really the first time up here that I've had to make a stand like that--and I'm eternally grateful I did. Thanks, mom and dad, for giving me the ability, the strength, and the knowledge to say "no" when I need to.

That's about it for this blog--Life is Good.

I love you all!

4 comments:

Chantal and Trevor Dougal said...

good, it seems like the taller we strive the stand the more people will try to kick us in the knees.

Erin Dougal said...

Yay for you! I'm proud of you.

Teresa said...

I love you. You never cease to amaze me.

Familia_Henderson said...

I can't wait for you to come home and see your new niece! I like your new blog setup-very cute!